The Springboard Management Suite Grant Process
One of the benefits of being a Springboard grantee is access to additional funds to bolster the infrastructure of your growing organization by supporting capacity building activities. Capacity building is not limited to but includes:
- Leadership Development - building skills among the board, board chair and executive director
- Strategic Planning - thinking strategically about the next phase of the organization; creating a strategic plan
- Technical Assistance - hiring consultants to assist with fundraising and technology; sending critical staff and board members to seminars in these areas
Current grantees may request additional grant funds to attend classes, receive coaching and/or enlist the help of the Management Suite Partners.
- Two times a year; February and August (1st Wednesday of each month).
- Springboard will approve up to 70% of the cost of the funding request up to $3,500.
- An email will be sent to the grantee acknowledging whether a grant request was approved or declined.
- Approved grants will be paid to either the grantee or provider depending on nonprofit status.
- Management Suite grants are only available to current Springboard grantees.
- Current grantees have $3,500 available for every year.
- Grantees must spend the funds for Management Suite grants in 1 year (October 1 to September 30).
- The balance of funds does not carry over; every year starts anew with $3,500.
- Please refer to the Grantee Onboard Guide for more details.
Because grantee time and resources are valuable, before engaging in a consulting relationship to boost the capacity of your organization, consider reading through the Guide to Hiring Consultants by ACN, the Association of Consultants for Nonprofits.